Monday, October 10, 2011

Eye Opener: CSPI

 I chose to take The Tour of the Food Supply because I was curious on what my food supply may entail. I was shocked on many of the facts that I read! I was never aware on how much meat and dairy that the normal human consumes in a year and how many deaths occur when these products are eaten while being contaminated, it makes me think twice what I am putting into my body. High cholesterol is common in my family so I have been trying to become more aware of what I am putting in my. I was also surprised to see how many medications there are to help manage cholesterol levels. I will definitely visit this site again to show my family and to help them become more aware of the food they are putting into their bodies.

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you are being cautious about what you eat! Knowing your family history is also important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't know about all the deaths associated with meat and dairy. We hear about it in the news when there's a huge outbreak but I think we miss out on a lot of cases.

    ReplyDelete