Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1 My SMART Goal

All of us have opportunities to make a change in our day to day lives that can help make a difference our world. If just one person makes a change then thats one more step in a positive direction rather than one step back. Just think, if you can get your friends, classmates and school to make even a small change towards a new Eco-lifestyle how much that can effect your community, town and even state! I contribute to making a change in my Eco-Lifestyle by focusing on recycling. I want to make this a way of life because recycling cannot only effect me here, but can reach out and have a positive effect on our world globally. My SMART Goal is to reclaim all recyclable items that I use in my day to day life. If we can keep recycling we won't be forced to tap into all resources that we are blessed with that could potentially become damaged or even extinct after prolong abuse. Also when I am buying items I look for products that are either recyclable or reusable and eventually I want to only be using recyclable products. I am making my first move towards my SMART goal by informing my roommates of my plan and setting up a separate bin for items to be recycled. I also went through what is considered recyclable about and what is not with them. I am excited to get underway with my plan because I truly want to make a change for the better of our Mother Earth!
                                                                                                 Photo by: Jamie Lakatos




Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something.  ~Author Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! All my pictures were taken in Oahu. I took a 2 week vacation to Oahu last christmas break. I love it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goal! My family has always recycled but once I came to college I stopped. This is something that is pretty easy to do and I really have no excuse not to. I will also try to recycle more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great goal to have!
    I know that in my house it has been a lot easier since we got a separate garbage bin for the recycling because before we would just stick all the recyclable items next to the bin but it would look so dirty people would just stick them in the garbage. Another great thing is to learn about what is recyclable and what is not. I learned that a pizza box is not because of the grease that's on the box.

    ReplyDelete