Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2 My SMART Goal

My SMART goal is to recycle 100% of the items that I use throughout my daily life.
It is safe to say that I have not yet accomplished my goal of recycling 100% but I did reach my goal for my first week. I was able to sit down with my roommates and convince them that we should recycle in our house. I did this by telling them the benefits of it and how easy it was and I told them that I would be willing to make sure it gets taken out for it to get picked up every other week.
It was exciting to see how eager they were to help me and the interest they had about my SMART goal, it was really ensuring. This week I have learned that if you just open up to others and ask for help they are more then happy to help if they are properly informed and they have a goal to all work towards.
Next week I want to have a separate bin in our kitchen for the recyclables and make sure that 100% of the garbage is put in its proper place, recyclables in the proper bin and garbage in a separate bin.

Photo by: Jamie Lakatos

If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.  ~Henry Ford

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Asking others for help and being open with them is some times easier than you think. When I moved into my house our recycling bin was literally just a bin but we talked to my landlord about how much recycling we accumulate and because recycling only gets taken every other week, we got him to buy us a larger actual garbage bin on wheels- just like our regular trash bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also convinced my roommates to start recycling! When I brought it up they thought it would be a waste because they thought we didn't use that many recyclable products, but it really adds up quick.

    ReplyDelete